Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Starborough Sauvignon Blanc, 2010

With the 2011 Sauvignon Blancs coming on the market I thought I'd give a 2010 one last taste.

Starborough 2010 Sauvignon Blanc is from Marlborough, New Zealand.  It  has the typical aroma one comes to expect of New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs - grapefruit.  Thus leading me to believe it would have a prominent grapefruit flavor.  However, the grapefruit flavor did not come through nor did any other flavors as it was extremely tart. Possibly gooseberries. The tartness was overpowering and killed my taste buds.  Not for me. I'm glad the 2011 are coming out.  I may try the 2011 Starborough if I need a change from my favorites.    

Winemaker's Notes:  The 2010 Starborough Sauvignon Blanc’s crisp, approachable style is characterized by layers of citrus and ripe tropical fruit with some herbal notes. The wine shows flavors of passion fruit, guava and kiwi over a citrus background.

No comments:

Post a Comment