Sunday, January 22, 2012

Korbel Sweet Rosé

Over the holidays I saw that  Korbel released Sweet Rosé.  I purchased a bottle and put it away until I was ready to review it.  Since I have been tasting and reviewing the "same old" varietals, plus my wine tastings are repeat wines, now was the time.   

Korbel Sweet Rosé ($11) is from California and a blend of Pinot Noir and Zinfandel.  I was bracing myself for something overly sweet, like a Moscato, but I was pleasantly surprised.  It falls between semi-sweet and sweet, with a light fruitiness.  Bubbly and refreshing.  I would enjoy this with cheese, an appetizer, or fruit and chocolate.   

Winemaker's Notes:   KORBEL Sweet Rosé is made from a complex selection of both red and white grape varieties. The blend is designed to have very bright fruit flavors and aromas. The harvesting of the red varieties such as zinfandel and sangiovese early in the ripening process helps achieve the desired style for this cuvée. Excellent with: fresh fruit or appetizers such as grilled prawns and mango salsa, or with a selection of ripe cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment