Friday, January 27, 2012

Dr. Wagner Ockfenner Bockstein Kabinett Riesling, 2010

Time to switch varietals again and I went with a German Riesling.  I do enjoy Rieslings from Washington state, but I'm always up for a nice German Riesling.  Dr. Wagner was what I decided to taste.  

Dr. Wagner Ockfenner Bockstein Kabinett 2010 Riesling ($13) is from the Mosel region in Germany, in the district of Saarburg (a.k.a Saar).  This was a nice light bodied, off-dry riesling.  The aroma was lightly fruity, reminding me of peach.  The flavor was also light with fruit.  My favorite pairing with Riesling is Asian food and it was the perfect match for my stir-fry chicken.  If you enjoy German Rieslings, this is a must try.  

Winemaker's Notes:  (Not available)


Key to deciphering the label:

     Dr. Wagner - Producer
     Mosel - wine region
     Saarsburg - District
     Ockfenner - Town
     Vineyard - Bockstein
     Kabinett - classification (the driest classification for German 
                         Riesling)

No comments:

Post a Comment